Minimum Entry Requirement
Doctor of Philosophy
Minimum Entry Requirements for Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) Programme;
- Applicant must have a Master’s Degree from Universiti Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia (UTHM) or any other higher learning institution recognised by the Senate;
- First class Bachelor graduates (CGPA 3.67/4.00) and above may apply for Fast Track PhD (terms and condition apply)
DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY (FAST TRACK)
- Applicants must possess a Bachelor Degree with Honours from Universiti Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia (UTHM) or any other higher learning institution recognised by the Senate with CGPA 3.67/4.00 and above.
- Applicants shall be call for an interview prior being offered a place in UTHM postgraduate program. The interview panel members shall include TWO (2) representative from the respective faculty, ONE (1) reperentative from UTHM Centre for Graduate Studies and ONE (1) UTHM Senate member.
- The Fast Track Research Proposal shall be evaluated in accordance to the rubric (Download)
- Applicants who complies with the interview requirements shall be offered a place in UTHM Doctor of Philosophy (Fast Track) program.
- Applicants who do not meet or satisfy the interview requirements shall be offered a place in UTHM Master Program (by research).
To be admitted to a Master‘s programme, applicants are required to have a completed and recognized Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline and to have obtained a good cumulative grade point average (CGPA).
a) Applicant must have a Bachelor Degree with Honours from Universiti Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia (UTHM) or any other higher learning institution recognised by the Senate with cumulative grade points average (CGPA) as follows:Programme Minimum CGPA Coursework 2.50 ; Except for MPA - Master of Business Administration (CGPA 3.00) Mixed-mode 2.75 Research 2.75 ; Except for KIT - Master of Information Technology (CGPA 3.00)
*The above mentioned list of CGPA is the general minimum qualification need to be fulfilled. Please refer to the specific requirement for the academic programme programme to be applied
b) Applicant with a bachelor’s degree in the field or related fields or equivalent not meeting the minimum CGPA (as listed above) can be accepted subjected to the minimum working experience in the relevant field.
*(ONE (1) year working experience equivalence to 0.1 CGPA)
c) Applicant with a bachelor’s degree in the field or related fields or equivalent not meeting the minimum CGPA without any relevant working experience must undergo and pass (with a minimum of grade B) appropriate enhancement courses determined by the faculty and meet the minimum CGPA based on (a).
(ONE (1) enhancement courses equivalence to 0.1 CGPA)
d) Applicant with the age of 30 and above (on the year of application) with APEL T7 qualification can be accepted (limited to coursework and mixed mode programmes with area of study as listed below):
1. Business Administration; Pentadbiran Perniagaan
2. Performing Arts; Seni Persembahan
3. Information Technology; Teknologi Maklumat
4. Education; Pendidikan
5. Management; Pengurusan
6. Science; Sains
7. Occupational Health and Safety; Kesihatan dan Keselamatan Pekerjaan
8. Media Education; Pengajian media
9. Journalism, Kewartawaran
10. Visual Communication; Komunikasi Visual
11. Media Communication; Komunikasi Media
12. Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering; Kejuruteraan Mekanikal dan Pembuatan
13. Electronic Engineering; Kejuruteraan Electronik
14. Communication Engineering; Kejuruteraan Komunikasi
15. Civil Engineering; Kejuruteraan Awam
16. Chemical Engineering; Kejuruteraan Kimia
17. Software Engineering; Kejuruteraan Perisian
18. Computer Science; Sains Komputer
19. Information System; Sistem Maklumat
Preference will be given to applicants having a Bachelor’s Degree with CGPA 3.0 and above or its equivalent. Applicants having a Bachelor’s Degree with CGPA of 3.7 and above can apply directly for the Doctoral of Philosophy (PhD).
Bachelor’s Degree (Malaysian)
Basic Entry Requirements
A Malaysian candidate who wishes to pursue a programme of study at the Universiti Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia (UTHM) must fulfil the University's entry requirements as follows:
Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM)
Applicant must credit the SPM exam in Bahasa Melayu/Bahasa Melayu subject
and pass in History (SPM 2013 and above).
A credit (Grade C) in Bahasa Melayu/Bahasa Melayu, July paper is taken into account;
Sijil Tinggi Pelajaran Malaysia (STPM)
Applicant must pass the STPM exam (2020 and earlier) with at least Grade C (NGMP 2.00) in three (3) subjects including General Studies/Pengajian Am;
Applicant of Matriculation/Foundation (2020 and earlier) must obtain at least PNGK 2.00;
Sijil Tinggi Agama Malaysia (STAM)
Applicant of STAM (2019 and earlier) must obtain at least the Jayyid Stage;
Pre-U Graduate of Malaysian Sports School/GCE A-Level/International Baccalaureate Diploma/Australian Matriculation (AUSMAT) as well as other qualifications recognized as equivalent by the Malaysian Government and approved by the UA Senate.
Applicant that have Diploma IPTA / ILKA / IPTS graduation or other graduations approved by the Government of Malaysia and approved by the University Senate (Special Requirements for the program according to the type of programme offered at UA);
DIPLOMA TVET (DKM/DLKM/DVM)
Applicant that have a Malaysian Skills Diploma (DKM), Malaysian Advanced Skills Diploma (DLKM) or Malaysian Vocational Diploma (DVM) recognized as equivalent by the Malaysian Government and approved by the University Senate (Special Requirements for study programmes according to the type of programme offered at UA);
Applicant that have an IPTA / ILKA / IPTS Diploma or other certification recognized as equivalent by the Malaysian Government and approved by the University Senate (special pprogramme requirements according to the type of study programme offered at UA);
(1) Achieve at least Band 1.0 in the Malaysian University English Test (MUET) for exam starting Session 1 of 2021 or Band 1 for exam up to 2020 according to the validity period on the date of application; and
(2) Achieve a minimum Band in the Malaysian University English Test (MUET) according to the requirement of the programme; and
(3) Have fulfilled all special requirements of the programme as prescribed by the Senate
For details info click here.